Best & Open Source Asset Management Software Solutions
Right now, as you are reading this, are you aware of the condition of your assets? Without its assets, an organization is nothing, but it can be a great deal to handle on your own. That's why most companies use Asset Management (AM) software to automate many of its elements to enhance performance and accuracy.
Software for asset management increases asset utilization and value. They are not only used for asset management, but they are also used for service management. They have the ability to monitor the performance of suppliers and suppliers through transparent metrics and provide a great return on investment by optimizing asset allocation. Let's look at some of the tools for open source asset management.
All AM software, a subcategory of CMMS software, provides asset management, but for these key functions, some stand out from the crowd. The best AM vendors for the management of both fixed and IT assets are in the following,
Benefits of an Asset Tracking Software
Management of assets has become one of today's biggest problems for corporations. Employees continue to spend a lot of time looking for company properties, resulting in delayed production or services being provided. This delay can trigger customer frustration, which can be a major obstacle to company growth. Therefore, the use of asset tracking software helps to minimize an organization's excessive expenditures, which can eventually result in high business profitability and growth. The advantages of using asset monitoring software, apart from enhancing financial stability, include
- Maximizing performance & reducing costs
- Real-time basis track assets
- Eliminating Asset Loss
- Use Assets Efficiently
- As the company expands, Scale Assets Monitoring Mechanism
- Ensuring each asset's transparency
- Maintaining consistency in recording details on properties
- Build a Stronger Storage System Layout
- Keep updated maintenance plans
- Gain access to each Asset Rea-time Reports
- Maintain regulatory compliance with requirements
- To avoid customer dissatisfaction, set stock thresholds
- Perform an audit of properties to remove inconsistencies
General Functions and Uses of Asset Management Software
- Barcodes and Scanning
- Checking Availability
- Tracking Lifecycle
- Assigning Authority
OpenMAINT is a free and open-source monitoring program for assets primarily designed to track and manage movable assets, structures, equipment, and maintenance work. It helps the controlling authority to coordinate and update the company's assets and inventory information.
Main Features of OpenMAINT
The main and key feature of OpenMAINT are following,
- Monitor and manage inventory of space and properties, including registry administration, dashboards, reports, plants, and BIM models.
- Allows maintenance manuals to be handled in a personalized way to obtain maintenance plan warnings and asset breakdowns.
- Allows detailed logistical control of spare parts, construction materials, and movable properties.
- Ability to control procurement, spending, documents, and integrate with ERP systems.
- Registers asset-related information using tracking systems.
- Ability to analyze all the asset data and produce personalized reports.
- Provides support for the presentation of georeferencing of properties, 2D vector plants, and 3D construction designs.
Snipe-it Asset Management
Snipe-IT is a tool that is open source. This makes it possible to track assets end-to-end, along with their history (check-outs, check-ins, and maintenance), current situation (deployed, pending, archived, stolen, broken, etc.), and allocation status (assignee and physical location).
This is a FOSS project for asset management in IT Operations. Knowing who has which laptop, when it was purchased in order to depreciate it correctly, handling software licenses, etc.
It is built on Laravel 5.4. and offered with open source License AGPL 3.0
Snipe-IT is actively developed and we're releasing quite frequently. (Check out the live demo here.)
This is web-based software. This means there is no executable file and it must be run on a web server and accessed through a web browser. It runs on any Mac OSX, the flavor of Linux, as well as Windows, and we have a Docker image available if that's what you're into.
Managing assets with a Google doc or a shared Excel spreadsheet is more common than you think. When your company is small, it can (sort of) work for a while, but as you grow, things get messy, fast. Snipe-IT lets your admins work together to track physical assets, software licenses, accessories, and consumables -- all in one place.
Snipe-IT makes asset management easy. It was built by people solving real-world IT and asset management problems, and a solid UX has always been a top priority. Straightforward design and bulk actions mean getting things done faster. What's the good of having software if it's so hard to use, no one bothers?
GLPi Asset Management
GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration- Interface. You can use it to build up a database with an inventory for your company (computer, software, printers...). It has enhanced functions to make daily life for the administrators easier, like a job tracking system with mail-notification and methods to build a database with basic information about your network topology.
The principal functionalities of the application are :
1) the precise inventory of all the technical resources. All their characteristics will be stored in a database.
2) management and the history of the maintenance actions and the bound procedures. This application is dynamic and is directly connected to the users who can post requests to the technicians. An interface thus authorizes the latter with if required preventing the service of maintenance and indexing a problem encountered with one of the technical resources to which they have access.
DSpace Digital Asset Management
DSpace open source software is a turnkey repository application used by more than 2,000 organizations and institutions worldwide to provide durable access to digital resources.
DSpace enables organizations to:
capture and describe digital material using a submission workflow module, or a variety of programmatic ingest options distribute an organization's digital assets over the web through a search and retrieval system preserve digital assets over the long term.
Ralph is a lightweight software for the management of open-source assets perfectly built for data centers and back offices. Using Django and Python 3, it is designed, enabling simple customization. Accessible under the Apache v3.0 license, it is a well-integrated framework that provides the robust features needed to accurately manage properties.
- keep track of assets purchases and their life cycle
- generate flexible and accurate cost reports
- integrate with change management process using JIRA integration
- It is an Open Source project provided on Apache v2.0 License.
Gitter Build Status Coverage Status Code Health